The Sustainable Choice.
Everyday the headlines are full of issues concerned with “sustainability” “climate change” and the “environment.” With a growing concern for the environment and its future, the government continues to release new legislation and initiatives, designed to create a more eco-friendly world.
The construction industry is the main culprit in carbon emissions across the UK, generating 100 million tonnes of waste every year. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the key decision makers to meet the balance between commercial demands and a more environmentally responsible industry, by choosing a sustainable product.
As individuals we are also responsible for the sustainability of choices we make when specifying products. At Sheffield Seamless Guttering we are aware of this. Aluminium is a ready made solution for those who are mindful that the choices of materials used in the construction and refurbishment of buildings should be “green”.
- Our aluminium coil comes from a manufacturer that uses hydro-generated power to supply its processing facilities, causing virtually no co2 emissions.
- Aluminium is 99% recyclable.
- Aluminium can be commercially recycled at the end of its useful life, without loss of metal quality or properties.
- The re-smelting process only uses about 5 % of the energy required to produce the primary aluminium, making it a very viable product to use in construction today.
- The increasing use of recycled aluminium in many applications makes for a sustainable resource for the future.
- With environmental issues at the forefront of everyone’s mind, choosing an eco-friendly material is a must. Aluminium is by far the “greenest” option.